What to Expect
Hello, I’m Dr. Ambridge and I would like to welcome you to my dental practice, where we prioritize quality dentistry and your comfort. Thank you for choosing us.
I am genuinely excited to share what you can expect at our dental practice when you visit it. I am eager to provide you with exceptional dental care and get to know you better.
New Patient Comprehensive Exam
At The Smile Institute, our new patient exam is a comprehensive process designed to provide you with exceptional dental care. Here’s an overview of what you can expect during your visit:
1. Specialized Questionnaire: Before your appointment, we will ask you to complete a digital questionnaire. This helps us gather important information about your dental concerns and overall health, enabling Dr. Ambridge to assess your risks for specific dental and medical issues.
2. Extended Appointment: We understand the importance of dedicating ample time to your initial exam. That’s why we schedule a complete hour for your new patient exam. This allows us to gather extensive records, ensure a comprehensive diagnosis, and address all your questions and concerns.
3. Office Tour: When you arrive, we take pride in providing you with a tour of our state-of-the-art office. This helps you feel more comfortable and acquainted with our facilities.
4. Clinical Interview: Our clinical patient coordinator conducts a quick interview to understand the goals you have in mind for your dental visit. This information allows us to tailor the exam to your specific needs and preferences.
5. Professional Photos: We have a dedicated photo studio where we take a series of professional photos of your teeth and face. These high-quality images assist in diagnostics and provide valuable visual references for assessing your dental health.
6. Panoramic X-Ray: To obtain a comprehensive view of all your teeth, we take you to our panoramic x-ray machine. This imaging technique helps us evaluate your overall dental condition and identify any underlying issues.
7. Individual X-Rays: In addition to the panoramic x-ray, we also take individual x-rays of specific teeth that require further examination. This allows us to focus on any areas of concern that may need closer attention.
8. Comfort and Entertainment: Your comfort is our priority. While seated in our dental chair, we provide a massage feature for relaxation. You can also enjoy your favorite show on Netflix, wearing noise-canceling headphones to enhance your experience.
9. Analysis by Dr. Ambridge: Dr. Ambridge carefully analyzes the photos, x-rays, and the information you provided on your paperwork. She then performs a comprehensive physical examination of your teeth, neck, and face.
10. Health Categories Assessment: Dr. Ambridge evaluates several primary categories of your health, including gum health, bone health, structural integrity (such as the temporomandibular joint or TMJ), functional problems, and aesthetics. This thorough assessment helps her provide you with a risk evaluation, enabling you to understand your current health status in each area.
11. Discussion and Risk Assessment: Dr. Ambridge discusses her findings with you and provides her professional opinion regarding the urgency of any identified issues. She compiles all this information into a specialized Risk Assessment report, which analyzes your dental health and presents an overview of potential risks using graphs and photos of your teeth.
12. Q&A Session: We value open communication. Dr. Ambridge encourages you to ask any questions or share your concerns during the exam. This ensures that you have a clear understanding of the information presented and feel confident in the next steps of your dental care.
13. Treatment Coordinator Meeting: At the end of the exam, an assistant will introduce you to a treatment coordinator. They will explain the proposed treatments recommended by Dr. Ambridge and discuss the various financial options available to you.
14. Treatment Discussion: During this meeting, you will have the opportunity to inquire about the order of the proposed treatments, discuss your insurance coverage, and explore any third-party financing options that may be suitable for your needs.
15. Risk Assessment Report and Treatment Plan: You will receive a printed copy of the comprehensive Risk Assessment report, which serves as a valuable reference summarizing the findings of your dental examination. Additionally, the treatment coordinator will schedule a dental hygiene treatment based on Dr. Ambridge’s recommendations. This treatment plan may include regular prophylaxis hygiene cleaning or subgingival root planing (SRP) for cases where gum detachment and bacterial accumulation have occurred below the gum line.
At The Smile Institute, our new patient exam ensures a thorough assessment of your dental health, personalized treatment planning, and a commitment to providing you with the highest quality dental care.
Within our premises, you’ll find a professional photo studio that plays a crucial role in various dental treatments, including cosmetic dentistry, implants, orthodontics, Botox, and fillers. These diagnostic photos allow us to plan your treatments with exceptional accuracy. Additionally, you’ll notice some of my artwork proudly displayed in the office, as painting is one of my hobbies, and I take pleasure in showcasing my creations here.
Airflow Master Advanced Hygiene Teeth Cleaning Technology
I’m excited to introduce you to our Airflow Master hygiene technology, which revolutionizes the hygiene cleaning process. With this innovative system, we can provide you with a painless and efficient cleaning experience using a combination of water and air. The Airflow Master technology utilizes a focused stream of water and fine powder particles to gently remove plaque, stains, and debris from your teeth and gums, resulting in a remarkably thorough and comfortable cleaning.
This cutting-edge technology not only ensures a painless cleaning process but also delivers superior cleaning quality. The precise mixture of water, air, and powder effectively removes stubborn stains and biofilm, promoting optimal oral health. Whether you’re dealing with discoloration from coffee or tea, or you simply want a fresh and bright smile, our Airflow Master hygiene technology can help you achieve remarkable results.
By incorporating this technology into our practice, we strive to provide you with the most comfortable and effective dental care possible. We believe that maintaining good oral hygiene should be a painless and enjoyable experience, and the Airflow Master system helps us achieve that goal.
During your visit, our dental hygienist will skillfully utilize the Airflow Master technology to ensure your teeth and gums receive a thorough and gentle cleaning. You can rest assured that we prioritize your comfort and strive to make your hygiene appointments as pleasant as possible.
If you would like to experience the benefits of our Airflow Master hygiene technology or have any questions regarding our dental services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Our office exudes a small and cozy atmosphere, with four treatment rooms. We intentionally limit the number of patients at a time to ensure I can provide each individual with my undivided attention. Your comfort is paramount to us, which is why our dental chairs are equipped with a soothing massage feature. You can unwind on memory foam cushions while enjoying your favorite shows on Netflix. To enhance your dental experience further, we offer noise-canceling headphones, allowing for a more pleasant and comfortable visit.
3D CBCT, Panoramic and Cephalometric X-rays
Allow me to introduce you to our advanced 3D X-ray and panoramic machine. This state-of-the-art equipment allows us to capture different types of x-rays tailored to your specific treatment needs. The panoramic x-ray helps us identify any potential issues or pathology in your face, teeth, and jaws. As for the 3D X-ray, it proves invaluable for implant planning, enabling us to locate nerves, sinuses, or any other structures that might affect the implant placement. With this information, we can plan accordingly, avoiding any areas of concern. Moreover, we have a specialized arm for orthodontics, such as braces or aligners, ensuring your teeth align harmoniously with your facial features.
3D Printing Technology
One of the most groundbreaking advancements in dentistry today is our 3D printing technology. Say goodbye to traditional impression materials that may cause discomfort. Instead, we capture a scan of your teeth to create a precise 3D rendering, enabling us to print accurate models of your teeth. This technology also enables us to fabricate guides and appliances for various treatments. For instance, if you require an implant, we can design a surgical guide using data from your x-rays and hands, ensuring precise implant placement as planned.